Contractor Registration and Renewal
All Contractors are required to register with the City of North Canton to perform work in the City. This includes contractors performing work in the City of North Canton that does not require a permit. All registrations renew on an annual basis and are based on the calendar year.
In order to register and perform work in the City of North Canton , the following contractors must provide proof of licensure by the State of Ohio:
- Fire and Smoke Alarms
- Fire Suppression
- Contractor Registration Packet (PDF)
- Make all checks payable to: City of North Canton
- If paying with cash, please bring the exact amount. We do not have a cash drawer.
Annual Registration Requirements
- Registration Fee - $150.00 (Credit Card, Check or exact Cash)
- $10,000.00 Bond
- The City’s bond form shall be used
- Continuation Certificates are accepted
- The City shall be given the original form
- Certificate of Liability Insurance
- Copy of Workers’ Compensation Certificate or Sole Proprietor Waiver
- All HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing, Fire Alarm, and Fire Suppression Contractors shall provide a copy of their State of Ohio License Certificate
- RITA Income Tax Form 48 - This shall be submitted with your application
- Pay for your Contractor Registration online, by mail, or in person.
- Your receipt of payment is evidence of registration/renewal and is subject to all appropriate paperwork being on file with the Building and Permits Department.