Community Improvement Corporation (CIC)
About the CIC
North Canton’s Community Improvement Corporation (CIC) is established under Ohio Revised Code for the purpose of advancing, encouraging, and promoting the industrial, economic, commercial, and civic development of North Canton. The CIC has great latitude in pursuing those goals, including low interest loans, equipment leases, land acquisition and assemblage, and land banking. The CIC is lead by City Officials and prominent community members.
What is a CIC?
A Community Improvement Corporation is a not for profit corporation authorized by the State of Ohio Legislature for the purpose of advancing, encouraging, and promoting the industrial, economic, commercial, and civic development of a community or area. The State of Ohio Legislature enacted the ability to form a CIC over forty years ago, and there are over 235 CICs active statewide.
What can the CIC do?
The North Canton Community Improvement Corporation has many potential powers established by the Ohio Revised Code, including:
- The ability to borrow money for any purpose of the corporation;
- Acquire, Convey, Dispose of, Hold, Lease, Purchase, Receive, Sell, Sublease, and/or Transfer real and personal property.
- Acquire associations, Business, Corporations, Firms, Good will, Joint stock companies, Other assets of any persons, Partnerships, Real and personal property, Rights, and Trusts
- To acquire improved or unimproved real estate for the purpose of constructing industrial plants or other business establishments thereon or for the purpose of disposing of such real estate to others in whole or in part for the construction of industrial plants or other business establishments.
- To do all acts and things necessary or convenient to carry out the powers especially created in Chapter 1724 of the Revised Code.
- To serve as an agent for grant applications and for the administration of grants.
Stephan B. WilderMayor
Patrick De OrioDirector of Adminstration
Jina AlabackDirector of Finance
Matthew StroiaPresident, At-Large Councilmember
Daryl RevoldtAt-Large Council Member
Wayne BoyerDirector of Law
Jon ZeppCouncil Appointee
Tim McCortMayoral Appointee
Ryan GrosschmidtMayoral Appointee