- Development Services
- Building and Permits
- Contractor Registration/Renewal
Contractor Registration and Renewal
All contractors performing work in the City are required to register with the City to perform work. This includes contractors performing work in the City of North Canton that does not require a permit. All registrations renew on an annual basis and are based on the calendar year.
In order to register and perform work in the City of North Canton , the following contractors must provide proof of licensure by the State of Ohio:
- Fire and Smoke Alarms
- Fire Suppression
- Contractor Registration Packet (PDF)
- Make all checks payable to: City of North Canton
- If paying with cash, please bring the exact amount. We do not have a cash drawer.
Annual Registration Requirements
- Registration Fee - $150.00 (Credit Card, Check or exact Cash)
- Certificate of Liability Insurance
- Certificate of Liability Insurance with City of North Canton named as Certificate Holder, demonstrating a minimum combined bodily and property damage coverage in the amount of $500,000 for trade contractors or $1,000,000 for General Contractors. Liability insurance coverage shall be maintained in full force and effect and a copy of any policy changes to the required lines of insurance including renewal which shall be forwarded to the Chief Building Official through the term of the registration.
- Copy of Workers’ Compensation Certificate or Sole Proprietor Waiver
- All HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing, Fire Alarm, and Fire Suppression Contractors shall provide a copy of their State of Ohio License Certificate
- RITA Income Tax Form 48 - This shall be submitted with your application
- Pay for your Contractor Registration online, by mail, or in person.
- Your receipt of payment is evidence of registration/renewal and is subject to all appropriate paperwork being on file with the Building and Permits Department.
Find a Contractor
Use the portal below to search through contractors currently registered with the City and find one to help with your next project.